Join me on a journey of self-discovery and create more kindness, peace, and happiness in your life.
I’m now offering coaching and consult for badass individuals, couples, coaches, organizations and teams via voice and screen. I also have training curriculums available and can do custom assessments and trainings for your families, friends, clubs, teams and organizations to create more awareness, collaboration and cohesion.
Individual, Team and Organizational Coaching and Consult for:
- Creating and maintaining healthy relationships in teams, organizations, friendships, family and romance
- Creating culture shifts in teams and organizations for greater psychological safety and cohesion
- Teaching how to advocate and facilitate more diverse and inclusive living and working environments: aka how to understand privilege, bias and blind-spots, how to be an ally, advocate and grow healthy community
- How to address sexism and living/working in male dominated fields like the marine industry
- Supporting life and culture transition and change
- Creating more joy and kindness
- Finding and following your mission and dreams, steps on making goals reality
- Creative process in art, writing and relationship
- Mindfulness and meditation, how to create greater calm and better performance
- Skills on navigating anxiety and stress
- Conflict management and growth mindset skills
Coaching for couples:
- Living together and honoring needs and boundaries
- Creating greater bonding and connection
- Strategies on how to work best together as a team to reach your lifestyle goals
- Conflict management, how to disagree and fight better so you can grow
- How to stay sane in a refit
- How not to kill your partner or crew in small spaces for long periods of time in intense situations
Consult and coaching for sailors, organizations and and teams specific:
- Trainings and assessment on psychological safety, team cohesion and communication
- Team building ideas and mediation
- Training on authentic leadership strategies and confidence in leadership ability
- Conflict management between team members
- Organizing strategy for long term sailing goals
- How to be more inclusive and diverse on your teams and in your organizations
- Coaching women into leadership roles
- Strategizing and achieving goals
What is Skipper Jenn coaching and how does it differ from her counseling day job?
If you are a reader of my blog, you probably have a pretty good sense of what I’m about and have to offer. These services are for sailors and non sailors. I am offering coaching and consult for humans with great heart and kind intention who want to grow. In my view, people who are striving to be authentic and inclusive in the world are badass. As many of you know, I’ve been in the meditation/mindfulness, mental health counseling, public speaking and advocacy/social justice fields for over 15 years and have been applying that to my observations in the sailing world. Sailing is a metaphor and vehicle for the obstacles and joys we face in life.
My focus here is on:
- Intersectional feminism and creating more inclusivity and equality in the world: aka diversity and kindness
- Mental health and optimal human-ing: aka self growth and interpersonal awesomeness
- Sailing: aka liking boats and water a lot
While individual coaching is a private venue to talk about issues that impact mental health and supports your well being, coaching differs from counseling. Coaching is for people who have specific goals and are motivated for direct change. People who need a boost, resources and support to get going and possibly someone to help keep them accountable as they optimize their life. Maybe you just need one session for some direction and creative, educated suggestions. Maybe you want to talk once in a while to bounce ideas off of an objective and trained ear. Maybe you need once a week or once a month to help you move along in your process and keep you on track. I will listen to your needs and we will collaborate on what it looks like. I want you to get the most out of our time together that we can. We will have tangible goals and practices for you to step into whatever shift you are hoping to happen or area you want to explore. I will be kind, direct, and won’t hold back any intuition or observation that I have. You will have homework to follow through on and I will give resources for you to check out. As a coach, I can even help network and grow community in a way I can’t as a counselor.
My hope is that together we can name and own your strengths so you can use them to address your challenges and reach your full potential. This also means exploring road blocks and where you get stuck, hopefully with great compassion and even some humor. We will work toward intentionally helping you identify and change habits that don’t work for you and create ones that do. These habits might be behavioral, they also might be thoughts or beliefs. In coaching, I do not give any kind of diagnostics. If you do meet criteria for something mental health related, I will suggest you see a mental health professional or medical doctor for specific support. Coaching can be a great addition to those of you already in counseling. My hope is that together, we tap into your inner badass and unleash your shine into the world more vibrant than ever! I also hope that by helping yourself, the people around you are inspired to do the same. I find life has a ripple effect, so when one person grows it is contagious.
My consult and training services bring the style mentioned above and let me nerd out on all the data I like to amass. I bring an experiential style to my work and believe people learn through doing as well as discussing. I also like to joke around and have fun while talking about hard things. Like on the water, safety is always on my mind and how we create environments where folks can best take healthy risks to learn and grow. I have been facilitating educational programs and creating culture shifts in agencies and organizations for a long time in my day job and really enjoy it. I thought I could bring those skill sets to the sailing world so my passions can meld together.
All you need to do to get started is email me at: email@example.com
May we all sail in peace
A note about money: This is not my day-job. I have an over-full and amazing private practice and consulting business I have run successfully for 8 years now. I do my blog and all my shenanigans here as a creative outlet, and for advocacy. I will never monetize Skipper Jenn content online. I don’t want the pressure of that to change my voice. I don’t get to say fuck and asshole as much in my actual day job and that makes me sad. This blog is emotional labor I give for free because I have the privilege and gusto to do so. To date, all of my Women Who Sail work is on a volunteer basis as well. This all takes a lot of time and is truly a labor of love. You could say the entire Skipper Jenn project is an authentic love letter to the world.
For those who decide to hire me through this venue, any money I make through Skipper Jenn I donate at a minimum 10% to the below charities. So far, this is a mere $1450 and I have donated $200. Why am I telling you this?
1. Because money is a vote, and knowing where money is going, and to who is part of how you vote smart.
2. When you hire me, you are not only getting some badass services, you are supporting the messages and work here on this blog. You are supporting a weird queer woman to keep doing her passionate and creative work, you are supporting the below organizations.
3. Women don’t get paid enough, especially for emotional labor, including me. I am not wealthy, I grew up in poverty, have massive student loan debts, and expensive chronic health conditions. Oh, and I live on a boat!
So, all you sailors and folks out there wanting to have better relationships and a better world, I invite you to hit me up for some trainings and coaching sessions. Let’s create a more enlightened world together. (I’m specifically inviting you over here white guys…….I love working with men and helping them see and work with blind spots.)
Individual Coaching Rates:
60 minute sessions payable via PayPal USD
One time consult: $200
Six Session package: $1100 if paid in advance
CRUISERS ON A BUDGET
Limited discounts available for fellow travelers on a budget.
Discounts based on LOA:
Up to 20 ft $500 for 6 sessions
Up to 30 ft $600 for 6 sessions
Up to 40 ft $800 for 6 sessions
Up to 50 ft $1000 for 6 sessions
Over 50 ft, sorry, you don’t need a discount, dude.
Team and Organizational rates:
$200 an hour
Organizational and team assessments, training curriculums and activities are custom built for you and vary as needed.
6 week in person zoom training on Psychological Safety, Interpersonal Communication and Leadership package: $1600 with homework materials and handouts for maximum 10 people. (Larger organizations are priced differently.)
6 week in person zoom training on issues of privilege and power, diversity and equity, and creating inclusion and kindness in your world: $1600 with homework materials and handouts for maximum 10 people. (Larger organizations are priced differently.)