Poop Deck Pledge Psychologically Safe Boat Program
June 13, 2021 9am-12pm PDT via Zoom Be kind and purchase this three hour course with resources, ongoing action plans, and a pledge with amazing swag to show you have knowledge of emotional intelligence, psychological safety, team cohesion, and a basic understanding of what it is to be anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic, anti-transphobic, and non-ableist on and off the water. This is for individual use only, teams, programs, and organizations need to contact me for alternate offerings.
Join me on a journey of self-discovery and create more kindness, peace, and happiness in your life.
Take the Poop Deck Pledge to have a Psychologically Safe Boat in 2021 to create more awareness of social justice, community collaboration, and team cohesion. This program is for individual use only and is for anyone, sailors or land lovers. For teams, programs, and organizations contact me for offerings.
Poop Deck Pledge
I pledge to be kind and take no shit.
I pledge to give a shit about science, social justice, and human rights.
I pledge to work toward being anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic, anti-transphobic, and non-abelist.
I pledge to do my part to save our planet and give a shit about climate change.
I pledge to care for the emotional and mental well being of myself and crew as much as our physical safety on and off the water.
I pledge to love the shit out of life and cultivate joyous and pleasurable experiences for myself and others.
What you receive with the Poop Deck Pledge Safe Boat Program:
- 3 hours of basic training, language, discussion, and reflection on issues of emotional intelligence, psychological safety, team cohesion, and a basic understanding of how to be anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic, anti-transphobic, and non-ableist.
- Resource lists and an exclusive subscription to my inclusive newsletter and community.
- Action Plans via newsletter for ongoing accountability and community activism.
- Official pledge of kindness with a very cool certificate and waterproof boat sticker mailed to you.
- Public registration with your skipper, boat name, and home port listed on the Skipper Jenn website indicating you are committed to being kind and providing a safe place for all sailors.
What you need to do to be regsitered as a Be Kind Safe Boat:
- Sign up for the course and take the Poop Deck Pledge
- Open the email with information in it.
- Take the class live and participate, or watch the recording and don’t participate.
- Apply sticker to your boat or gear. Keep doing the work.
My focus is on:
- Intersectional feminism and creating more inclusivity and equality in the world: aka embracing diversity and kindness
- Mental health and optimal human-ing: aka self growth and interpersonal awesomeness
- Sailing: aka liking boats and water a lot
If you are a reader of my blog, you probably have a pretty good sense of what I’m about and have to offer. These services are for sailors and non sailors. I am offering trainings for humans with great heart and kind intentions who want to grow. People who are striving to be authentic and inclusive in the world are badass. As many of you know, I’ve been in the meditation/mindfulness, mental health counseling, public speaking and advocacy/social justice fields for over 15 years and have been applying that to my observations in the sailing world. Sailing is a metaphor and vehicle for the obstacles and joys we face in life.
Individual, Team, and Organizational Training:
- Create and maintain healthy relationships and team cohesion
- Create culture shifts in relationships, teams, and organizations for greater psychological safety and cohesion
- Teach advocacy skills and facilitate diverse and inclusive living and working environments by looking at privilege, bias and blind-spots, how to be an ally
- How to be more inclusive on your teams and in your organizations in order to diversify representation
- Address systemic issues of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and ableism
- How to call people in and how to do the work of equity and inclusion
- Training on authentic leadership strategies and confidence in leadership ability
- Improve communication
- Gain skills on navigating anxiety and stress
- Gain skills on conflict management and growth mindset
- Create greater bonding and connection in your world
- Strategies on teaming for innovation and peak performance
- How to stay sane in a refit or intense, exhausting, or very very long sail
- How not to kill your partner or crew in small spaces for long periods of time in intense situations
So, all you sailors and folks out there wanting to have better relationships and a better world, I invite you to hit me up for some trainings. Let’s create a more enlightened world together. (I’m specifically inviting you over here white cis het guys and gals…….this is an opportunity to do the anti-sexist/anti-racist work needed in sailing.)
All you need to do to get started is email me at: email@example.com
May we all sail in peace
A note about money:
For those who decide to hire me through this venue, any money I make through Skipper Jenn I donate at a minimum 25% to the below charities. Why am I telling you this?
- Because money is a vote, and knowing where money is going, and to who, is part of how you vote smart.
- When you hire me, you are not only getting some badass services, you are supporting the messages of this blog, a weird queer woman’s passion project, and the below organizations.
- Women don’t get paid enough, especially for emotional labor. I am not wealthy, I grew up in poverty, have massive student loan debts, and expensive chronic health conditions. I’ve worked hard and deserve compensation. Currently, I am saving for a dodger for my sweet ride.
INDIVIDUAL CRUISERS ON A BUDGET
Limited discounts available for fellow travelers on a budget.
Discounts based on LOA:
Up to 20 ft $500 for 6 sessions
Up to 30 ft $600 for 6 sessions
Up to 40 ft $800 for 6 sessions
50 ft and over sorry, you don’t need a discount, dude.
Team and Organizational rates:
$200 an hour
Organizational and team assessments, training curriculums and activities are custom built for you and vary as needed.
I have space for a limited amount of pro Bono work for some organizations.
6 week in person zoom training on Psychological Safety, Interpersonal Communication and Leadership package: $1600 with homework materials and handouts for maximum 10 people. (Larger organizations are priced differently.)
6 week in person zoom training on issues of privilege and power, diversity and equity, and creating inclusion and kindness in your world: $1600 with homework materials and handouts for maximum 10 people. (Larger organizations are priced differently.)